Electrical Engineering Architect
As an Electrical Engineering Architect at Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), you will contribute to the architecture and design of next-generation end-to-end Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) concept prototypes. You will work in a dynamic cross-functional team including electrical, mechanical, firmware and software engineers, also experience, design and research experts. This role will be a key participant in Proof of Concepts (POC) or Proof of Experience (POE) system architecture decisions, be responsible for providing electrical engineering direction to engineering development teams, guide and enable FW, OS, and SW interaction collaboration, provide EE architecture support to Sensors and Silicon teams, etc.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING ARCHITECT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architect and design electrical engineering solutions for end-to-end future VR/AR devices and experiences.
- Co-lead complex teams and projects towards planning, engineering and standing-up VR/AR POCs or POEs.
- Coordinate design integration and POC/POE realization with Experiences, Design, FW, SW, Automation, Test and Calibration teams.
- Develop schematics, guide board layout designs, assemble, test, debug, and integrate designs into complex hardware systems.
- Establish and conduct collaboration opportunities with external partners or resources.
- Guide electrical architecture for silicon and sensors solutions.
- 10+ years of industry experience in hardware design or electrical engineering roles
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with opto-electrical systems, such as lasers, proximity sensors, and depth sensors
- Analog design experience, including experience with switching power supplies, LED drive circuitry, and measurement of analog signals
- Experience with circuit simulations & modeling (e.g. SPICE, MATLAB)
- Experience with communication interfaces, such as USB, I2C, and SPI
- Experience with schematic and board design using Cadence OrCAD, Altium or equivalent
- Experience with use of oscilloscopes, digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators
- Experience with at least three of the following: circuit design in differential circuits, Verilog/FPGAs, uControllers, uProcessors, firmware, programmable logic based development
- Experience working with one of these technologies: Digital signal processing, real-time image processing, display engineering, or camera modules
- Experience programming in C, creating initial system bring-up, debugging, and test code
- Experience working independently and managing priorities
- Experience Incubating technologies into high volume production
- Masters degree, in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent
- 15+ years of industry experience in hardware design or electrical engineering roles
- 5+ years of experience in research or advanced development
- Experience in developing advanced systems with multi-function/multi-disciplinary threads
- Interpersonal communication experience. Experience working cross-disciplinary and mentor best practices and team members
- Experience designing consumer products
- Experience with VR/AR systems
- Experience with high speed signaling over DP, MIPI, HDMI, and USB SS
- Experience with IMUs/sensor physical sensor systems with an understanding of calibration methods
- Experience with vision systems
- Experience programming in other interpreted and compiled languages
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top