Electrical Engineer, Team Lead (Oculus)
(Seattle, WA – Redmond, WA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As an electrical engineering lead at Oculus Research, you will both be a small team manager (2-5 people) and work as an individual contributor (IC). A team lead works with team members: guiding career growth; establishing/tracking goals; and insuring that various projects are getting proper support. A key component of leadership is the ability to see the “big picture” so that you insure the key project elements are being properly addressed. As an IC, you’ll design, build, and test prototype electrical sensor/actuator systems for future consumer mixed reality experiences. You will become part of a project team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. The projects will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include electrical, mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people who: work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product. Starting with a broad electrical engineering background, we’re looking for a unique individual comfortable both with analog and digital systems. The analog circuits will include: sensor systems, actuation systems, amplifiers, power supplies, and interfaces into digital systems. The digital circuits will be real-time systems using uControllers. Familiarity with CAD tools like Altium, SPICE, or ModelSim is required.
- Team leader with classic management responsibilities.
- Collaborate/lead in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Design, build schematics, assemble, simulate, test, and debug digital/analog circuits into opto-electro-mechanical systems.
- Component specifications and selection
- 2+ years of management experience
- 10+ years of experience in digital/analog electrical system board design
- BS degree or above in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Schematic and board design using Altium or equivalent
- Use of oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators
- Digital experience: high speed differential circuits, Verilog, uControllers, uProcessors, firmware, programmable logic based development, DSP, and communications.
- Analog experience: instrumentation amplifiers, circuit simulation using SPICE or equivalent, (biological) sensor systems, motor drivers, and analog to digital conversion.
- Real-time image processing, display engineering, and camera module experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top