Electrical Engineer, Systems (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through excellent VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more. Oculus is committed to driving the state-of-the-art forward through relentless innovation. VRâ€™s potential to change the world is immenseâ€"and we are just getting started.
As the Product Development team, we are builders who break down barriers to what is possible. Together we design hardware that transforms technology into product.
As an Electrical Engineer at Oculus you will design, simulate, implement, and debug systems and circuits used in virtual reality hardware. You will experiment with and develop novel solutions to the myriad of complex electrical problems sitting between reality and virtual reality. You will work closely with mechanical, optical, computer vision and software engineers on exploration and definition of advanced virtual reality systems. You will own the electrical design from prototype to production. You should have deep experience in complex PCBA development integrating processors, cameras, sensors and video/data interfaces.
- Design electrical hardware systems in Oculus products that may include application and signal processing chipsets, motion and image sensors, displays, wireless, power supplies, and other support circuitry - from concept to production.
- Participate in technical discussion and collaborate with the cross-functioning teams such as product design, firmware, core tech, and program management during the product development phase.
- Support products development from initial concept through mass production.
- Specify, evaluate, define and select key components.
- Develop relationships with key technology vendors and partners, driving roadmaps and custom solutions.
- Analyze, validate, and characterize hardware design.
- Own PCB schematic and drive board layout.
- Travel both domestically and internationally up to 15% time.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical hardware development.
- Experience with system level integration of products using SoCs and micro-controllers, data and video interfaces such as USB, HDMI, DisplayPort, and MIPI.
- Experience with high density and high speed circuit board design and validation.
- Experience working with JDM, ODM, CM partners.
- Experience with schematic and PCB design using Cadence OrCAD/Allegro or equivalent.
- Experience analyzing root cause, design debugging, and problem solving with engineering test equipment.
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance and experience in handling multiple tasks.
- Experience working crossâ€functionally, communicating technical ideas.
- 7+ years of experience in electrical hardware development.
- Experience in any of following areas: latest wireless technology, product compliance, and Signal/Power Integrity analysis.
- Experience in hardware product development with organization developing consumer electronics.
Back to top