Electrical Engineer, Sensor Systems
As an Electrical Engineer at Oculus Research, you will design, build, and test prototype electrical systems for future consumer VR and AR experiences. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people who have experience working with teams, can take a board definition and implement with electrical schematic and layout, and can transition these designs into a high-volume consumer product.
Weâ€™re looking for a board level Electrical Engineer with experience in high volume consumer products. These systems will have uControllers, uProcessors, FPGAs from simple to large, displays, audio, camera sensors, and high speed I/O. Familiarity with CAD tools like Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or Xilinx, is required. The ideal candidate would be comfortable designing mixed high speed digital circuit boards, be experienced troubleshooting at the board and system level, and be familiar with the consumer product development process.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical systems in experiments which combine mechanics, optics and software.
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Designing schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into electro-mechanical systems.
- Specifying components.
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom solutions.
- 5+ years of experience past a BS/MS in digital and analog system design/Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Schematic and board design experience using Altium or equivalent.
- Experience using of oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators.
- Circuit design experience in high speed differential circuits, Verilog/FPGAs, uControllers, uProcessors, firmware, and programmable logic based development.
- Experience working with one of these technologies: Digital signal processing, real-time image processing, display engineering, or camera modules.
- Experience programming in C, creating initial system bring-up, debugging, and test code.
- Experience working independently and managing priorities.
- Experience with high speed signaling over DP, HDMI, USB, and Ethernet
- In-depth knowledge of I2C, I3C, SPI, D-PHY/C-PHY interfaces for digital image sensors
- Experience with system power modeling and design
- Experience with illumination driver design
- Experience with vision systems
- Programming in other languages like Python/Java/C#
Back to top