Electrical Engineer, Power
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our mission is backed by a massive hardware infrastructure. Our computational challenges are big, complex, and consistently evolving. Your work has the potential to shape the compute hardware going into our cutting-edge data centers affecting billions of users.Facebook is seeking a versatile and passionate Electrical Engineer to join our Compute Hardware team. Our mission is backed by a massive hardware infrastructure. Our computational challenges are big, complex, and consistently evolving. Your work has the potential to shape the compute hardware going into our cutting-edge data centers affecting billions of users.
- Work with local and remote teams and suppliers, to define board power roadmap.
- Specify, design, and develop power delivery and DC-DC power conversion in compute hardware systems.
- Lead the bring-up and validation of power subsystem to achieve efficiency, reliability, and scalability.
- Support hyper-scale deployment and obtain learning for next generation design.
- Collaborate with open source hardware community to drive innovation for large scale infrastructure.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering Degree, with 3+ years of industry experience.
- 3+ years of experience with design and validation of DC-DC regulators, and hot swap controller.
- Experience with development, bring-up, and validation of high current, high efficiency power subsystem for CPU, GPU, SoC, ASIC, or FPGA.
- Experience with analyzing and resolving power related hardware issues.
- Experience working with peers.
- MS in electrical engineering with power electronics focus.
- 6+ years of industry experience.
- Familiar with power delivery architecture of one of major CPU suppliers.
- Experience with end-to-end enabling, design, and deployment cycle of board power subsystem.
- Experience with working with thermal, management firmware during power subsystem design.
- Experience with design and troubleshooting power management bus in server such as PMBus, SVID, or SVI2 interfaces.
- Experience with voltage regulator, and power delivery network simulation and correlation.
- Knowledge of using Linux for testing.
- Experience with test automation for power validation.
Back to top