Electrical Engineer, Portal
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Portal team is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. The Portal team seeks an Electrical Engineer who has experience in consumer electronics and mobile products. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Transform vendor reference designs, or block diagrams into custom solutions
- Design, implement, debug and characterize embedded systems with end-to-end ownership of EE product design from concept to launch
- Design schematics, complete board layouts, assembly, test, debug, and integrate designs into opto electro-mechanical systems
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams such industrial design, architecture, product design, NPI, and supply chain
- Work closely with CM/JDM resources to leverage their engineers and maximize the focus of our internal resources on adding value to and differentiating our product
- Drive the resolution of technical issues by working with the cross-functional teams: Electrical, Mechanical, SW, Quality, Reliability as well as the various CM/JDM teams
- Perform lab measurements, and factory tests as needed to validate the design and resolve any issues
- Track test progress, bugs, and fixes and produce regular progress reports
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in consumer electronics or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in embedded or mobile system design, hardware architecture, board design, board bring-up and product NPI experience
- Experience and knowledge of printed circuit board (PCB) technologies, such as rigid, flex, hybrid, HDI, etc.
- Experience leading technical teams, cross-functional groups and vendors against plans
- Knowledge of the relationship between physical layout and electrical performance
- Ability to run signal integrity simulations
Back to top