Electrical Engineer, Interface & Signal Integrity
Facebook is seeking a versatile and passionate Electrical Engineer to join our Compute Hardware team. Our mission is backed by a massive hardware infrastructure. Our computational challenges are big, complex, and consistently evolving. Your work has the potential to shape the compute hardware going into our cutting-edge data centers affecting billions of users.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, INTERFACE & SIGNAL INTEGRITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with local and remote teams and suppliers, to define electrical interface and signal integrity roadmap.
- Lead the bring-up, validation of electrical interface subsystem to achieve reliability, availability and serviceability at scale.
- Support hyper-scale deployment and obtain learning for next generation design.
- Collaborate with open source hardware community to drive innovation for large scale infrastructure.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering Degree, with 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with design, bring up, validation, and improvement of common high speed electrical interfaces in data center equipment (e.g. PCIe Gen3/4, DDRx, LPDDRx, 25Gbps Ethernet).
- Experience with industry SI/PI simulation tool chain (e.g. Ansys HFSS, Cadence Sigrity).
- Knowledge of interconnect technologies (e.g. PCB material and manufacturing technologies, high speed cables & connectors).
- Proficient hands on experience with lab tools (e.g. TDR, VNA, SSA, Spectrum Analyzer, and real-time scope).
- Experience with analyzing and resolving signal integrity related hardware issues.
- Experience working with peers.
- PhD/MS in electrical engineering with signal integrity focus.
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Deep understanding on different EM simulation algorithms (2D, 3D, frequency domain, time domain).
- Experience with defining interface electrical specification and design rules.
- Experience with chip package SI/PI design.
- Experience with retimer/redriver for high speed SerDes.
- Experience with PCIe/DDRx interface validation (e.g. compliance test, internal eye tools, Rank Margin Tools).
- Experience with PCB loss and quality validation for high volume products (e.g. Delta-L methodology, Interconnect Stress Testing, IPC-6012).
- Knowledge of serial and parallel interface training sequence and protocol.
- Knowledge of using Linux for testing.
- Experience with test automation for interface validation.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top