Electrical Engineer (Digital Systems)
(Seattle, WA – Redmond, WA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As an electrical engineer at Oculus Research, you will design, build, and test prototype electrical systems for future consumer mixed reality experiences. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. The teams will typically include electrical, mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people who: work well across disciplines, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product. Starting with a broad electrical engineering background, we’re looking for a unique digital system designer that can both understand large architectural tradeoffs, make decisions, then reduce the design to practice. The digital circuits will all be real-time using uControllers, uProcessors, and FPGAs from simple to large. Familiarity with CAD tools like Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or Xilinx, is required. The ideal candidate would be comfortable building high speed digital systems including displays using MIPI/LVDS interfaces and able to make architectural tradeoffs with experts across disciplines.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical systems in simulated reality systems which combine electronics, mechanics, optics and software
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines
- Building schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into opto-electro-mechanical systems
- Specifying components
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom solutions
- 5+ years of experience in circuit design
- BS in digital system design/Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Schematic and board design using Altium or equivalent
- Circuit design experience in: high speed differential circuits, Verilog/FPGAs, uControllers, uProcessors, firmware, display engineering, and programmable logic based development. Digital signal processing, real-time image processing, and camera module experience.
- Programming in C creating initial system bring-up, debugging, and test codes. Programming in other languages like Python/Java/C#.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top