Electrical Engineer, Audio
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As an Electrical Engineer at Oculus Research, you will design, build, and test prototype electrical systems for future consumer virtual reality (VR) experiences. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. The teams will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts where you'll be the electrical expert. We want people who: work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product.
Starting with a broad electrical engineering background, we're looking for a unique digital system designer or hands-on digital architect. The digital circuits will all be real-time systems using uControllers, uProcessors, and FPGAs from simple to large. The ideal candidate would be comfortable: designing mixed high speed digital systems, experience with driving displays, programming firmware, and able to work collaboratively with experts in different fields to make architectural tradeoffs.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical systems in virtual & augmented reality experiments which combine mechanics, optics and software.
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Designing schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into opto-electro-mechanical systems.
- Specifying components
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom VR/AR solutions
- Firmware development for microcontrollers, such as ARM M0+ and ARM M4F.
- 5+ years of experience past a BS in digital system design/Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Schematic and board design using Altium or equivalent
- Use of oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators
- Circuit design experience in high speed differential circuits, Verilog/FPGAs, uControllers, uProcessors, firmware, and programmable logic based development.
- Familiarity with CAD tools like Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or Xilinx.
- Experience programming in C, creating initial system bring-up, debugging, and test codes
- Experience developing audio products and/or tools
- Experience with DSP platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of digital filters (FIR and IIR)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top