Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
As an Electrical Engineer within Facebook AR/VR, you will design, simulate, implement, and debug systems and circuits used in virtual reality hardware. You will experiment with and develop novel solutions to the myriad of complex electrical problems sitting between reality and virtual reality. You will work closely with mechanical, optical, computer vision and software engineers on exploration and definition of advanced virtual reality systems. You will own the electrical design from prototype to production. You should have deep experience in complex PCBA development integrating processors, display systems, and video/data interfaces.
- Design electrical hardware systems on VR products that may include application and signal processing chipsets, display systems integration, backlight drivers, display driver ICs, power supplies, and other support circuitry - from concept to production.
- Participate in technical discussion and collaborate with the cross-functioning teams such as product design, firmware, core tech, and program management during the product development phase.
- Support products development from initial concept through mass production.
- Specify, evaluate, define and select key components. Develop relationships with key technology vendors and partners, driving roadmaps and custom solutions.
- Analyze, validate, and characterize hardware design.
- Own PCB schematic and drive board layout.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 15% time.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in electrical hardware development.
- Experience with system level integration of products using SoCs and micro-controllers, data and video interfaces such as USB, HDMI, DisplayPort, and MIPI.
- Experience with high density and high speed circuit board design and validation.
- Experience working with JDM, ODM, CM partners.
- Schematic and PCB design experience using Cadence OrCAD/Allegro or equivalent.
- Experience analyzing root cause, design debugging, and problem solving with engineering test equipment.
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance and experience handling multiple tasks.
- Experience working crossâ€functionally.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical hardware development.
- Experience in hardware product development with organization developing consumer electronics.
- Experience in the development of Display Driver IC, DPU Video Pipeline and Display system integration.
Back to top