As an Electrical Engineer at Facebook Reality Labs(FRL), you will design, build, and test prototype electrical systems for future consumer virtual reality (VR) experiences. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. The teams will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts where you'll be the electrical expert. We want people who: work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product. Starting with a broad electrical engineering background, we're looking for a unique digital system designer or hands-on digital architect. The digital circuits will all be real-time systems using uControllers, uProcessors, and FPGAs from simple to large. Familiarity with CAD tools like Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or Xilinx, is required. The ideal candidate would be comfortable: designing mixed high speed digital systems, experience with driving displays, programming firmware, and able to work collaboratively with experts in different fields to make architectural tradeoffs.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical systems in virtual reality experiments which combine mechanics, optics and software.
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Designing schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into opto-electro-mechanical systems.
- Specifying components.
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom VR solutions.
- BS in digital system design/Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Schematic and board design experience using Altium or equivalent.
- Experience using oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators.
- Circuit design experience in high speed differential circuits, Verilog/FPGAs, uControllers, uProcessors, firmware, and programmable logic based development.
- Experience working with one of these technologies: Digital signal processing, real-time image processing, display engineering, or camera modules.
- Experience programming in C, creating initial system bring-up, debugging, and test codes.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top