Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As a Principal Electrical Engineer at Oculus Research, you will design, simulate, build, and test prototype electrical systems for future consumer mixed reality experiences. You will technically lead/participate-on a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. The teams will typically include electrical, mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people who: work well across disciplines, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product. Starting with a broad electrical engineering background, we're looking for a principal that can both understand large architectural tradeoffs, run simulations, make decisions, then reduce the design to practice with a team. The digital circuits will all be real-time using a range of processors, DSPs, and FPGAs from simple to large. Familiarity with CAD tools like Matlab, Altium, ModelSim, or Xilinx, is required. The ideal candidate would be comfortable building high speed digital systems including displays/sensors using MIPI/LVDS interfaces and able to make architectural tradeoffs with experts across disciplines. Some designs will be targeted for ASIC implementations.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical systems which combine electronics, mechanics, optics and software
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines
- Building schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into opto-electro-mechanical systems
- Specifying components
- Specification and implementation of completely new hardware offerings.
- Determine workloads and simulation models for both performance and power characteristics of devices.
- 10+ years of experience in electronics system/architecture design
- 10+ years of new platform lead or architectural-level experience
- B.S in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with board-level EDA design tools including schematic capture, layout, and library tools.
- Experience with simulation tools, including Matlab, HDL, high speed, and thermal simulation to enable architectural decisions and qualify designs.
- Experience evaluating hardware offerings in the market and use of architectural improvements in the industry. Devise strategies to incorporate findings into architecture, design, validation, and bring-up of new technology platforms for Oculus.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Altium Designer experience
- Experience in the design and architecture of systems using high speed differential transceivers, embedded processors or SoCs, Verilog or VHDL targeting FPGA-to-ASIC or direct programmable logic implementations, and firmware and software targeting low power embedded system.
- Experience in architecture/design/implementation of systems performing real-time signal/image processing using hardware acceleration.
- Experience in the design of systems implementing display and sensor interface technologies like MIPI or eDP strongly preferred.
- Experience in hardware bring-up including writing of basic proof of life code in C. Programming in other languages like Python/Tcl/Bash/Java/C# for analysis and diagnostic tools.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top