As an Electrical Engineer in Facebook AR Product Team you will design, build, and test prototype electrical systems for future consumer VR and AR displays. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people who work well in teams, can take a board definition and implement with electrical schematic and layout, and can transition these designs into a high-volume consumer product. We're looking for system or board level Electrical Engineers with experience in high volume consumer products. Familiarity with CAD tools like Cadence OrCAD, Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or Xilinx, is required. The ideal candidate would be comfortable partnering with FPGA and Silicon teams, be experienced troubleshooting at the board and system level, and be familiar with the consumer product development process.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members.
- Design, simulate, prototype, and test electrical systems working closely with FPGA and Silicon design engineers.
- Create architecture diagrams and documentation for electrical systems.
- Specify components.
- Create schematics.
- Design PCBs, including high-speed layout considerations.
- Facilitate assembly and test of PCBs.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of industry experience designing consumer products.
- Experience with communication interfaces, such as MIPI, USB, I2C, and SPI.
- Experience in schematic and board layout using Altium, Cadence, or equivalent.
- Experience with PCB layout principles, including high speed signal integrity (multi-Gigabit), power layout, de-sense, DFM, etc.
- Experience writing system and device specifications.
- Experience using oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators.
- Circuit design experience in high speed differential circuits, Verilog/FPGAs, uControllers, uProcessors, firmware, and programmable logic-based development.
- Experience working with displays
- Masters or PhD Degree
- Experience with circuit simulations & modeling (e.g. SPICE, MATLAB)
- Experience programming in C, creating initial system bring-up, debugging, and test hooks
- Experience with scripting languages such as MATLAB and Python
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top