Electrical Design Engineer, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building8 seeks an Electrical Design Engineer who has experience in EE teams for consumer electronics and mobile products. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- End-to-end ownership of product architecture from concept to launch.
- Contribute to the product design process, best practices and tools for the organization.
- Drive road map for system technologies, manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate closely with the industrial design and the supply chain NPI teams.
- Leverage ODM/CMs to maximize the focus of our internal resources on adding value and differentiation to our product.
- Experience in companies across industries.
- Experience in architecting and designing consumer electronics and mobile products.
- Knowledge of state of the art system design and simulation tools, mobile SOC systems, sensing technologies, camera and sound systems.
- Experience with audio and video products.
- System design from block diagram to layout and from antenna to thermal design.
- Experience working with ODM and CM, as well as JDM development and leading their technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to provide key technical contributions to innovation-driven entrepreneurial product design teams.
- Collaboration skills, working with Software, PD, UX and ID teams.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top