EHS Regional Manager - EMEA & APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Global EHS Regional Manager partners with regional operations and support teams to implement, execute and sustain company EHS policies, standards, programs and processes and ensure compliance with applicable local, regional, national and federal EHS regulations, directives and standards. The EHS Manager serves as the lead EHS subject matter expert on: technical and regulatory aspects, EHS management systems, technical standards, and EHS best practices. The EHS Manager is accountable for the implementation, execution and sustaining of site-level compliance. Also, providing comprehensive risk analysis and risk management actions. This role will involve leading continuous improvement actions, programs or processes on compliance assurance, incident prevention, injury prevention, pollution prevention and other EHS performance indicators. The EHS manager will be involved in managing incident investigation and corrective measure implementation and also evaluating and implementing EHS best practices to continuously improve compliance and management effectiveness. The Manager: builds collaborative and productive working relationships; networks with, and appropriately involves key internal and external stakeholders; influences key business decisions as well as functional and operational EHS strategies; plans, executes, and evaluates complex assignments that have a broad impact on operations and the business.
- Design, develop, implement, execute and sustain the programs, procedures, processes and systems to ensure regional and site-level compliance with EHS law and company EHS strategies, policies or standards.
- Perform EHS compliance applicability reviews and EHS risk assessments and implement effective programs to ensure regulatory compliance and protection of employees, communities and the environment.
- Perform frequent site visits, and inspections to identify EHS management gaps, develop corrective measures and implement solutions to sustain compliance with EHS law and company EHS strategies, policies or standards.
- Provide EHS service, solutions, programs, best practices and guidance to business management, support functions, site operations management and site EHS leads to effectively manage compliance assurance and EHS risk mitigation.
- Manage EHS incident investigations to determine and implement root cause corrective actions.
- Collect, measure and analyze regional and site EHS metrics and KPI's to discover trends for continuous improvement or corrective measures.
- Perform management reviews and report on EHS performance and tactical and strategic improvement planning.
- Design, develop, implement and execute site-level and regional employee safety and injury prevention programs.
- Design, develop, implement and execute site-level and regional environmental permit management and pollution prevention programs.
- Manage regulatory agency and external stakeholder EHS activities, including reporting, visits, or inspections.
- Track and stay current on EHS compliance changes, emerging issues, and best practice trends in the industry and interpret and incorporate changes/updates to EHS programs.
- Contribute and participate in company EHS strategies, tactical planning and EHS initiatives.
- Degree in Environmental Health, Safety or relevant Scientific / Engineering field
- 10+ years' experience in an EHS programs, operations or engineering function.
- 10+ years' experience of applied site and regional EHS compliance management, including regulatory and permitting.
- 5+ years' experience managing EHS across multiple sites or multiple geographical regions
- 3+ years' experience in OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO 45001, ISO9001 or similar EHS management systems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple & technically complex assignments concurrently.
- Organized, analytical, detail-oriented, problem-solver, project management skills and strong focus on results.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
- Ability to be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing including the ability to effectively present proposed plans and results to management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence senior leadership.
- Ability to develop and implement goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
- Ability to travel 20-40%.
- Advanced degrees in safety/industrial/quality engineering, safety or other science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- EHS professional membership, registration and/or certification from an accredited organization in one or more of the following areas: safety engineering or management, occupational health or industrial hygiene, hazardous materials management, or environmental engineering or management
- Advanced membership, registration and/or certification for OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO 45001, ISO9001 or similar accredited EHS management systems.
Back to top