Editor/Copywriter, Facebook IQ
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Guild is the internal creative and digital agency part of Global Business Marketing at Facebook. We exist to tell the Facebook story to marketers and advertisers. Our work is seen both online and off through our own channels, on mobile devices, at live events, in boardrooms and sometimes over coffee and we strive to make everything we create Smart, Beautiful, and Flawless.The Guild is seeking an Editor/Copywriter to support the Facebook IQ insights brand and team. This person will be responsible for ensuring that the consumer and advertising insights and thought leadership content produced by the Facebook IQ/insights marketing team is clear, correct, concise and consistent. This person will also be responsible for writing insights and marketing related materials based on internal/external data and research findings. Excellent communication skills are critical to success in this position, as is a demonstrated ability to work across cross-functional teams. This is a full-time position, based in Facebook's Menlo Park office.
- Edit all content produced by Facebook's insights marketing team, including white papers, decks, blog posts and internal/external messaging, for clarity, flow, accuracy and adherence to brand and content guidelines.
- Develop an editorial style guide.
- Write insights and marketing related materials based on internal/external data and research findings.
- Work cross-functionally (across research, content, marketing, design and other teams) to manage projects effectively and efficiently.
- Synthesize and incorporate input from different stakeholders to create a final product that represents the best of the collective contributions.
- Create marketing and advertising content that helps build and promote the Facebook IQ brand.
- 10+ years as an editor or writer within a media outlet or ad agency
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Advertising or related field
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of the AP Style Guide, ability to learn Facebook style
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment
- Detail and process oriented
- Ability to be organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain high quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving work environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top