eCrime Threat Intel Analyst
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an eCrime Threat Intelligence Analyst. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for helping drive our efforts around identifying the latest tools, tactics, and infrastructure used by eCrime actors as they affect Facebook and its ecosystems to better defend against and disrupt these threats. This position will be located in Washington, DC with expected travel to Menlo Park, California.
- Develop an eCrime threat intelligence program to analyze and disrupt the tools and infrastructure threat actors use to target or abuse Facebook and its ecosystem
- Build a deep understanding of Facebook and Instagram malware and monetization ecosystems to help decision making around structured technical disruption beyond fighting the symptoms
- Collaborate effectively across Facebook teams to identify malicious activity, its root causes, and determine how to disrupt this activity, malware, and its associated infrastructure
- Work closely with investigative teams
- Make decisions on remediation and counter measures for challenging information security threats
- Conduct trend/correlation analysis at both the tactical and strategic level
- Bachelor’s or Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in an analytical role of either network forensics analyst, Threat Analyst or security engineer/ consultant
- Experience analyzing mobile malware
- Knowledge of different Internet research tools
- Knowledge of network security and cryptography
- Knowledge of using and writing scripts in Bash, Perl, or Python
- Knowledge of Web-oriented programming languages: HTML, JS, and PHP
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience handling, processing, and analyzing data
- Time management and organizational skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top