Ecosystem Program Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Attempting to connect the world requires an alternative approach to building and deploying telecom network infrastructure. Through the Telecom Infra Project, Facebook collaborates globally with the telecom industry to reshape and accelerate the way network infrastructure is built and deployed. If you have passion in driving innovation through ecosystem partnerships, while working on cutting edge technology to deliver internet access to the unconnected - then this is a great role for you.
As an Ecosystem Program Manager, you will work closely with the Facebook Infrastructure and Connectivity teams, network operators, and members of the Telecom Infra Project (TIP) to help move the telecom infrastructure ecosystem forward. Through the role, you will interface with engineers developing technologies related to wireless access, backhaul, core networking, optical and satellite communication systems, servers and storage. In parallel, you will interface with industry partners, hardware/software vendors and system integration providers. Finally, you will work closely with Facebook teams and the industry to convey how we can work collaboratively to achieve the vision of giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. This position is full-time and is based in Menlo Park.
- Support organizational thought leadership around Facebook's participation in TIP to identify new opportunities for industry collaboration which will result in material economic, process, and organizational benefits for the telecom industry.
- Strategize cross-functionally with policy, communications, and other Connectivity teams to promote achievements and drive additional ecosystem partner participation within TIP while partnering with internal organizations and the external partner community to encourage new hardware, software, and use case contributions and increase active partnership engagement.
- Drive relationships with external network operators and infrastructure partners to help reduce friction and remove obstacles facing telecom hardware/software contributions and market adoption.
- Work across project group chairs, operators, and OEMs to identify, prioritize and accelerate field deployment of TIP based technologies.
- Engage with engineering, finance, external operators and equipment manufacturers to analyze financial data and prepare business cases and other network models.
- Understand network operator deployment scenarios such as different geographies and population densities, indoor/outdoor, ARPUs and use cases such as fixed/mobile access, enterprise/public access to drive development of flexible, cost-effective and open infrastructure.
- Author white papers and blog posts to educate and share with Facebook and the broader community with the goal to introduce and help drive adoption of TIP infrastructure.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time.
- 15+ years of experience in program management, product management, business development, product marketing or roles with a very high cross-functional component.
- Understanding of the telecom sector, including key players, history, current pain points, current direction, future challenges and opportunities, etc.
- Proven leadership, partnership and communication skills, including experience in building presentations to technical and business audiences including C-level executives from technology and operator companies.
- Firm understanding of mobile telecom infrastructure system architecture, network design principles, wireless spectrum bands coupled with expertise planning, designing or deploying telecom networks.
- Experience managing complex and technically-oriented programs end-to-end across a variety of stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Fluency in English and communication experience.
- Fluency in other languages.
Back to top