Ecosystem Manager - Platform
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
We’re looking for an experienced candidate to join our Developer Ecosystem team focusing on the Oculus platform features and services. In this role, you will help build and strengthen the Oculus developer ecosystem ensuring developers from all industries can successfully build for virtual reality. The ideal candidate is already well connected and versed across a wide spectrum of the technology industry, preferably having been pivotal in building and executing long term developer oriented programs and approaches. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Influence product strategy and priorities for Oculus platform features and services – advocating for the best developer experience possible with both quantitative and qualitative developer insights.
- Help create the go-to-market plan, collaborating closely with product, developer relations, marketing, PR, and other cross-functional teams to determine effective launch strategy, including rollout sequencing, packaging, positioning, developer relations enablement and materials, and communication goals to best drive awareness, engagement, and adoption.
- Help build an ecosystem that identifies, informs, and rewards virtual reality developers
- Help define the strategy and implement one-to-many developer communication across the development ecosystem (developer center content, blog posts, policy and informational documents and articles), working closely with the Oculus Communication and Public Relations teams
- Support our community of developers through one-to-many communications and strategies.
- Partner effectively with Product Management, Engineering, Developer Relations, Communications and other key teams.
- 7+ years professional experience in software or internet technology with a focus on developers, gaming and/or consumer applications experience.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Technical Writing, or Computer Science
- Product experience contributing at both strategy and operational levels (partnering with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with developer relations to support product launches).
- Communication skills. Prior experience communicating to internal executive, product teams and developer-facing audiences.
- Prior experience editing and developing communications from internal and external sources.
- Development experience with Unity or Unreal.
- Previous experience in analytic fields including consulting beneficial
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top