DPM Manager, FAST DES Team
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The team has gone through rapid growth, giving you an opportunity to better define and guide the operations across a broad scope. You'll be expected to lead a team that can proactively define better ways to quickly communicate, collaborate across the FB family of apps, and ship products using best-in-class tools and standards. As an authentic and inspiring leader, you see management as an opportunity to develop team strengths and increase impact, while adapting your leadership style to match an individual's unique needs or situations. You are a natural at building influence in cross-functional partnerships, proactively identifying and solving complex operational gaps within an organization and product development. You thrive in a fast-moving organization where you can guide your team towards programs that have lightweight, seamless processes.
- Ability to build meaningful cross-functional relationships across FAST leadership.
- Leverage relationships to inform problem solving and improve our design team's focus and velocity.
- Manage Design Program Managers (DPMs) who are supporting key products such as Stories, News Feed, and newly launched Rooms.
- Manage and grow the DPM team to support product groups within FAST and across the Family of Apps as the team works collaboratively with other orgs.
- Provide operational strategy for complex problems associated with a growing organization and limited design resources.
- Choose highest impact opportunities and execute. Ensure we are resourcing both the short term needs as well as looking ahead and planning for the next big challenge across product design teams.
- Develop lightweight, repeatable processes, standards, workflows and tools that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly.
- Act as a strategic partner to design leadership on large, complex problems and operational programs.
- 10+ years of experience in design operations or related fields
- 2+ years of direct people management experience
- Knowledge of design process and strategy
- Experience in developing design standards and design operations
- Experience working with external vendors, including sourcing and negotiating
Back to top