- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The team is new and growing, giving you an opportunity to better define and guide programs. You'll be expected to lead a team that can proactively define better ways to quickly communicate, collaborate and ship products using state of the art tools and standards. As an authentic and inspiring leader, you see management as an opportunity to develop team strengths and increase impact, while adapting your leadership style to match an individual's unique needs or situations. You are a natural at building influence in cross-functional partnerships. You thrive in fast-moving organization where you can guide your team towards programs that have lightweight processes and quick iteration. You can proactively identify and strategize around problems before they become issues for the team.
- Ability to build meaningful cross-functional relationships across Messenger leadership
- Leverage relationships to inform problem solving and improve our design team's focus and velocity
- Manage design program managers (DPMs) that are supporting our design standards, design tools, design quality programs and the rollout, education and communicate of those tools and programs
- Manage and grow the DPM team to support product groups within a large platform team. Provide operational strategy for complex problems associated with a growing organization and limited design resources
- Choose highest impact opportunities and execute. Ensure we are resourcing both the short term needs as well as looking ahead and planning for the next big challenge across product design teams
- Develop lightweight, repeatable processes, standards, workflows and tools that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly
- Partner with design leadership on large, complex problems and programs
- 10+ years of experience in design operations or related fields
- 5+ years of direct people management experience
- Knowledge of design process and strategy
- Experience in developing design standards and design tools
- Experience working with external vendors, including sourcing and negotiating
Back to top