Domain Name System Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced, highly motivated team player to serve as its Domain Name System (DNS) Manager. The DNS Manager must be a self-starter, flexible thinker, highly detail-oriented, and a good communicator who is comfortable working with business, legal and technical teams to fulfill Facebook’s DNS needs. This position is full time and located in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters.
- Manage the corporate domain portfolio for the Facebook family of companies, working cross-functionally to support the corporation’s domain name needs while maintaining stringent DNS security standards.
- Execute and track domain name registrations and renewals for all Facebook companies’ needs, in compliance with company protocols.
- Support strategic acquisitions of new domain names based on business needs, including identifying targets, pricing, developing and executing strategies for securing domain names
- Assist in evaluation and integration of domain portfolios acquired through corporate M&A activity.
- Execute front line domain name and app enforcement worldwide, including managing and collaborating with vendors and outside counsels to review and investigate suspicious activity and take corrective action, including recovery of cyber squatted and typo squatted URLs, actions against infringing apps, and escalated enforcement of domain names and mobile apps.
- Monitor data and information to track the launch, use and abuse of all top-level domains and other Internet identifiers
- Conduct research, as requested, to support development of DNS and mobile app policies and best practices
- Help evolve and implement domain name and mobile app enforcement strategies.
- Monitor and process DNS-related email addresses, notices, and security certificates.
- Document processes and protocols, and create information and training materials for same to maximize user adoption and educate relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning related to DNS and mobile app objectives and goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years of direct experience, relevant DNS and security training preferred.
- At least five years of experience managing a domain portfolio for a global company, and conducting domain name enforcement, required.
- Must have extensive operational and technical knowledge of domain name registration requirements internationally – security-related experience in this fields preferred.
- Experience directly advising business stakeholders on domain name acquisition, usage and protection, as well as domain name and mobile app enforcement.
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking and writing skills.
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced, high stakes environment managing a large and varied workload with minimal supervision, and must be able to act quickly, decisively and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills – preferred experience working in a multi-cultural, global environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong business judgment and tactical thinking.
- Clear enthusiasm for client’s mission and business objectives.
- Proficiency with common DNS business processes, domain name and mobile app operations, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top