(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
As one of our fantastic technical content editors, you will be part of the team responsible for quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content on developers.facebook.com. Your primary responsibility will be to make the content on the site as amazing as possible. This means sometimes you’re documenting something yourself, sometimes you’re editing someone else’s contributed content, and other times you’re fixing existing documentation in the site. Basically you will need to be a jack of all trades – writing, structuring content, coding, some light project management, and lots of communication. If you’re adventurous, you might even get to hack a little bit on the site itself, adding capabilities you need to manage the content that our team owns.
- Create and maintain documentation for developers.facebook.com
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content on developers.facebook.com
- Design, write, and edit technical and process documentation
- Navigate through multiple platforms such as web, iOS, and/or Android
- Create and maintain code sample fragments and sample apps
- BA/BS degree with relevant experience in technical writing
- 2+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach
- Experience working with web architecture such as HTTP, cookies, web security, etc.
- BA/BS in Computer Science
- Experience working with mobile – iOS and Android
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top