Diversity Program Manager, Strategic Partnerships
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook knows that connecting 1.8 billion people around the world takes every one of us. That's why Facebook's Diversity team works to find, grow, and keep underrepresented people and create an inclusive work environment where we build the best products to connect the world. Our team partners directly with Recruitment, Legal, Human Resource Business Partners, Learning & Development, People Analytics and many others to diversify our teams and ensure that each Facebooker is positioned to make a meaningful impact.
As the Diversity Program Manager for Strategic Partnerships, you will manage relationships with external diversity organizations to build and strengthen Facebook's Diversity mission. You will drive the strategy, create a roadmap, and manage strategic external partnerships, and you will work with multiple cross-functional internal teams to execute partnership agreements, design systems and processes, track progress, and measure outcomes. This critical role on the Diversity Team will benefit from close partnerships with Recruitment and People Operations, and requires close collaboration with senior leadership across the company.
This role is located in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Establish strategic partnership approaches rooted in supporting our recruitment and employee retention goals and priorities
- Identify, evaluate, cultivate, and maintain relationships with external organizations (e.g., companies, organizations, university groups, industry groups and administrators) that align with our Diversity goals toward engaging underrepresented groups
- Research, analyze and document external talent sources, partner organizations, and events focused on qualified underrepresented candidates, in order to drive a scalable recruitment strategy
- Work with the external and internal cross-functional partners to operationalize, scale, and execute diversity activities identified as part of the agreement (such as events, outreach efforts, data tracking and collection)
- Act as an internal and external representative of Facebook
- Provide relevant data, analysis, and recommendations to guide decision making related to strategic recruitment and retention efforts
- Lead project management efforts to see strategic partnership roadmap through to execution
- Experience identifying and building strategic partnerships while working in a cross-functional environment with all levels of the business
- Experience working with underrepresented communities (particularly Black, Hispanic/Latino, Women)
- Able to influence at all levels of management, both inside and outside Facebook
- Project management experience with a track record of taking initiative to drive innovative and scalable solutions with limited guidance
- Experience reviewing and evaluating partnership proposals
- Solutions-focused with experience driving execution and results
- Data-driven and able to pull, process, and present data to support proposed plans
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Bachelor's Degree
- Able to travel
- 3+ years of recruitment experience
- Public speaking and motivational skills
- Reliability to own responsibilities and produce results with limited supervision
- Experience serving as company ambassador externally
- Passion for diversity and deep understanding of the challenges and root causes underrepresented minorities face
- Consultative mind-set
- Patient team-player
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top