Display & Touch Engineer, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a display and touch engineer who has experience in consumer electronics and mobile products. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office. As a Display & Touch Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal cross-functional teams, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. As part of the Building 8 Electrical Engineering team, you will be responsible for the design and integration of display & touch modules for Building 8 products. This includes the development and optimization of various display & touch technologies.
- Define optical, mechanical, and electrical architecture and specifications for new display/touch modules
- Design and integrate new display and touch technologies into products from the prototype phase to mass production
- Manage the schematics and layouts of rigid and flexible printed circuit boards
- Define and specify display/touch test plans and methodologies
- Track and resolve issues through various phases of production, and perform failure-mode and root-cause analysis
- Communicate display/touch work status regularly with clear articulation of design choices along the way
- Work closely with display/touch design and test vendors to ensure the quality of the overall system design
- Work closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to ensure the design meets the specs at the component, board, and system level
- Design, document, and execute a test methodology for characterizing system performance with external partners and test houses
- Leverage ODM/CM's resources to maximize the focus of our internal resources on adding value and differentiation to our product
- Identify design risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in display/touch design for consumer electronics
- Experience in display/touch module design and architecture, system integration, test, debugging and analysis
- Experience with various touch/display technologies such as LCD, AMOLED, touch sensors, on-cell, in-cell.
- Experience with optical and electrical lab equipment for display measurement
- Experience with RF and EM simulation software
- Experience working with ODMs and CMs, as well as JDM development.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top