Display Optical Engineer
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs Hardware, we're developing the future of Portal, virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) products. As a Display Optical Engineer, you will be a member of our Display and Optics organization, taking a lead in OLED optics architect to sets the technical goals, lead the development of leading-edge OLED optical designs & optimized metrology system for up-to-date product, and works with the current and evolving ecosystem to provide differentiating capabilities to our HW platforms. You will be part of a tight-knit group of highly talented engineers at the forefront of the innovation for AR/VP and portal products.
- Responsible for display optical design of FB consumer product projects.
- Set up the optical simulation flatform to combine OLED stack up design and optics modeling including micro optical features for FB product development.
- Lead engineering activities on advanced OLED stack up optical simulation for targeting performance for new display applications & set up the validation process.
- Work closely with cross functional teams and external display partners to develop the future display technologies and bring up devices for new requirements.
- Design of Experiments (DOE) to internal teams and external partners.
- Closely work with the operations team in yield enhancement and process improvement for the OLED process tolerance impact optical analysis.
- Ability for 30% traveling.
- PhD degree in Electrical, Material, Optical Engineering, or Physics with 3+ years experience in the field of OLED device optical simulation or Bachelor/MS degree in Electrical, Material, Optical Engineering or Physics with 5+ years experience in the field of OLED device optical simulation or equivalent experience.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of display optical requirement definition, characterization, and performance optimization.
- In-depth background knowledge of optics and sophisticated optical simulation technique.
- In-depth experience with optical device characterization and optmizations.
- Hands-on experience in optical device design, development, prototyping and building optical instrument.
- Knowledge in scientific programming, signal processing and data analysis.
- Communication skills.
- Thin film process in-depth knowledge for organic & inorganic layers handling.
- Experience driving technology based on AM OLED.
- Understanding of display technologies, display electrical design, and display module structure.
- Failure analysis with AMOLED products and process DOE performed experience.
- Machine learning experience.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top