Display Engineering Manager
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Reality Labs Platform Display and Optics (FRL D&O) team focuses on moving the state-of-art display and optical technologies forward for Facebook Reality Labs products, which gives people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. The team is responsible for technology development and maturation, component design, manufacturing processes advancement, and test & integration of display and optical module for all Facebook Reality Labs products.
The Display Hardware team within FRL D&O is looking for an experienced and self-motivated engineering manager to lead and build one of the best display module engineering teams in the world. You will be responsible for the investigation, development, qualification and implementation of leading-edge display technologies for our growing Facebook Reality Labs products. You will lead a close-knit group of display experts working on display module design, validation and system integration, and manage necessary activities to implement the display module into final products. Your work will change the performance and experience of AR/VR hardware through a close collaboration with both internal and external partners.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a world class display module engineering team.
- Manage the execution of display module design, validation, product implementation and production support activities.
- Build relationships and work closely with industry partners to identify and develop new display module technologies for our growing hardware product lines.
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 20% of the time).
- 10+ years of display scientiﬁc or engineering work experience.
- 5+ years of engineering management experience.
- Proven track of record on development and implementation of innovative LCD, AMOLED, or other display solutions for consumer electronics.
- Experience with at least one of the focus areas of display technology below:
- Display and touch subsystem electrical design including test and validation.
- Display and touch module mechanical design and assembly process development.
- Display driver ICs and interface protocols development.
- Display subsystem optical design and simulation.
- Panel and module manufacturing process.
- Performance characterization.
- Pixel circuit and driving scheme.
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Materials Science, Optical Engineering, Physics or related ﬁeld and/or equivalent experience.
Back to top