Director - Workforce Management and Operations Planning, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you. The Director of Workforce Management and Ops Planning is a key leadership role for the global Community Operations org. The successful candidate will develop and share a strategic vision for building and maturing a best-in-class Workforce Management and Ops Planning capability for a multi-thousand headcount operation spread across a broad global footprint. You will leverage your deep domain expertise in operations, workforce management, program management and talent development to inspire, lead and develop multiple high-performing teams that design, implement and transform WFM solutions, run command-centre operations, transform capacity planning processes, manage to budget and ensure ops are ready to adopt changes in product, process or tools. You will partner closely with other senior ops leaders and cross-functional stakeholders including but not limited to engineering, data/analytics, product, process, systems/tooling and specialized safety operations teams. This role is based at our HQ in Menlo Park and reports into our Global Head of Community Support Operations.
- Set strategic direction to develop nascent workforce management capability for community operations
- Define next generation of tools and processes required to develop 'best-in-class" WFM and Ops Planning function and partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders to build essential systems, infrastructure and solutions to enable.
- Establish global WFM "command-centre" function to manage key processes such as forecasting, scheduling and intra-day management to optimize operations and enable strategic and tactical objectives for large global Community Operations org.
- Establish workforce and capacity planning processes to optimize short/mid/long term staffing plan for community operations by balancing between Community Experience, Employee Experience, Operational Flexibility, and Cost Effectiveness
- Manage global operational expenditure budget, lead the annual budget planning exercise, work closely with Finance partners to monitor and track expenditure and support the scoping of new investment business cases
- Mature existing ops planning and readiness processes to ensure seamless 'critical-path' planning, communication, adoption and execution of all up-stream changes, partnering closely with cross-functional stakeholders across product, tools, and process teams.
- Lead and inspire multiple globally distributed teams of managers and specialists, providing mentorship, guidance and career development
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of WFM, FP&A, Capacity Planning, or Finance experience with minimum of 5 years of experience in leading a team
- 5+ years people management experience including managing leaders and managing remotely across multiple sites, proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing high performing and highly engaged teams
- Influencing skills at level with global cross-functional leaders as advocate for FB community. Adaptable and energized by a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Finance, or Economics or other demonstrated experience in a quantitative field, MBA or Master's degree.
- 10+ years of WFM, FP&A, Capacity Planning, or Finance experience in an operations context
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top