Director, Vendor Management, Community Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is searching for an Operations Leader with a track record of transformational impact on customer experience managing global vendor operations across several thousand staff in customer support, compliance or risk operations. We are looking for a leader who can help continue to scale our global fooptrint rapidly to provide around the clock support to our community of 2B+ people in multiple dozen languages while challenging industry standards to provide a unique and supportive work environment to retain top talent and connect our global teams with a deep sense of purpose to keep our community safe. We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial and strategic mindset who proactively anticipates risks and opportunities and partners cross-functionally to address these and influences investments.
The leader will be responsible for location strategy, site expansion, global service delivery and all compliance and relationship mgmt aspects of our vendor operations. A successful candidate will have to be decisive and make data-backed decisions based on deep understanding of Facebook's operations combined with openness to adapt to a constantly changing product landcape and external environment. We are looking for a leader who intrinsically connects with Facebook's committment to keep our community safe and is equally a strong advocate for our vendor staff who is able to represent our operations externally in partnership with communications and policy teams.
- Shape vision on how to scale and transform large-scale service, risk and compliance operations including vendor and location strategy, site expansion and compliance
- Drive alignment on staffing, infrastructure, tooling and facility investments with leadership across Ops, Engineering, Policy, Security and Finance functions.
- Define and execute on strategies to maximize impact and efficiency of our global workforce on service and community safety as well as company risk mitigation objectives across a broad set of Ops functions in partnership with Engineering and Ops stakeholders while delivering best-in-class community experience .
- Drive continuous improvement through effective feedback processes to address policy, product, tooling challenges based on prioritized feedback from frontline staff
- Partner with resilience experts to ensure best in class support for our global workforce and refine and continue to define effective audit mechanisms for compliance
- Lead and develop senior leaders to foster a culture of integrity, service excellence, accountability, innovation, best practice sharing across sites and functions and build external partner/vendor relationships that mirror this culture
- Role requires at least 30% domestic and international travel.
- Significant experience in senior leadership roles leading vendor operations for relevant scale in domains such as compliance, risk, customer support, shared services, business process outsourcing
- Deep domain expertise in all aspects of large scale operations, specifically vendor management, outsourcing, location strategy and program management
- Superior fiscal, negotiation and contract management expertise
- Ability to remain calm and effective under pressure and coach teams to effectively navigate and communicate in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
- Strong communicator who can represent Facebook externally in partnership with policy and communication team
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top