Director, Tax Operations
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced candidate for a leadership opportunity in its tax operations function. This position will report to the Director of Tax Operations and will work with the other members of the team supporting the Company's initiatives in scaling the tax function. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience in tax and driving process and technology initiatives at a multinational corporation, and have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must have extremely strong skills in building and managing teams, and developing talented individuals. The candidate must also have experience building relationships with internal stakeholders (including leading cross-functional projects), and the ability to automate processes and collaborate with numerous functional teams across the organization. Additionally, the candidate should have working knowledge in tax technical areas (Subchapter C, international tax, M&A) with the ability to apply such knowledge in reporting transactions on the provision and return.
- Support Facebook's tax operations process, which includes US tax, global provision, compliance, and FP&A
- Be an integral part of building and executing a road map for the future of the tax operations function
- Work with the tax team in developing effective processes and technologies to support continued growth and scalability of the tax operations function
- Identify process enhancement opportunities and help manage their implementation
- Partner with broader tax team, including Tax FP&A, to deliver analytical solutions and to determine impact of strategic business decisions and transactions
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on business initiatives
- Experience as a Senior Manager or higher in a National Public Accounting firm plus Director level or equivalent experience in a Fortune 500 company
- Significant experience in managing teams and developing talent
- Experience organizing a large volume of information and identifying automation and digitization opportunities
- Bachelor's degree
Back to top