Director, Supply Chain Server
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At the heart of Facebook connecting people around the globe is our infrastructure. Facebook's infrastructure is in the top 3 globally in terms of scope, scale and reach. Further, innovation in hardware and software ensures the site runs 24x7 and with speed.
Facebook is seeking a Director of Sourcing to lead our server supply chain team. With an ever-expanding coverage space, this team is responsible for a comprehensive set of sourcing, supply chain and manufacturing activities associated with the delivery of our storage and compute infrastructure. In this team, you will have responsibility for component and technology sourcing, the delivery of completed server systems and integration into complete rack solutions that will be deployed in our data centers around the globe. Your span of support will include new product development and launch, ramp to scale manufacturing, ongoing manufacturing hardware infrastructure buildout, managing the global supply of our component and subassembly relationships as well as a whole host of process, tooling and other improvement projects which are aimed at helping our teams be more productive. You will, in short, lead an end-to-end set of functions in the design, qualification, manufacture and decommissioning of our custom storage and compute products.
The ideal person in this role will have a unique blend of real world, practical skills, as well as large-scale product and project experience that will enable them to be equally impactful in strategic initiatives and tactical projects. If you like small, agile, highly empowered teams, working in a high-energy environment, and have a relentless drive for excellence, then this is the team you want to lead!
This position is full-time and located in Menlo Park, California on the Facebook campus.
- Lead the growth, development and shaping of Facebook's most important asset - our talent.
- Build a leadership team with the ability to adapt to and to scale with Facebook's 5-year long-range plan.
- Develop a long-term vision and plan to grow the impact, coverage and service level of server sourcing.
- Build and lead a world-class team of sourcing, supply chain and manufacturing personnel.
- Lead the ongoing manufacture and delivery of server hardware.
- Partner with capacity engineering to ensure Facebook's long-term capacity and demand plans are built into our technology and component supply commercial agreements.
- Lead the team through a processes of transformation aimed at speeding our NPI process cycle time.
- Partner with the our supply chain systems team to ensure the Facebook supply chain IT infrastructure stays ahead of our global data center footprint's requirements.
- Work cross-functionally with sourcing teams to ensure quarterly infrastructure build plans are met or exceeded.
- BS in engineering.
- 15+ years of engineering management experience in a technology environment.
- Knowledge in outsourcing manufacturing operations for hardware products.
- Hands-on experience in NPI launches, product ramp, sustaining support and end-of-life cycle for computer hardware products in a large-scale environment.
- Interpersonal, communication and presentation experience.
- Knowledge of factory and manufacturing systems and tools.
- Experience building teams and producing results.
- Experience managing shifting priorities.
- Advanced degree either in business or technology
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top