Director, Software Engineering (Social VR)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is in search of the world's most creative and experienced engineering leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Software Engineering Leaders are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. You have also kept your coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts.
- Help and manage success metrics across team.
- Identify opportunities to share technology across teams.
- Build and manage technology touchpoints and relationships with Oculus and Facebook.
- Ensure scalability across Social VR.
- Evaluate external technology and companies for acquisitions (buy or build decisions).
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Support strongly opinionated product leaders and engineering teams to ensure their success.
- Interface at a high level with Facebook internal partner technology, both inbound and outbound.
- Experience coding in one of the following C++, Java, and/or PHP or related coding language. Experience in machine learning and ranking systems.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in software engineering, including 5+ years of proven hands-on technical management experience of software engineers
- Experience leading, technically-challenging, cross-functional infrastructure projects from conception to end
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.
- BS / MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience).
- 3D Engine knowledge
- Cross Platform knowledge (mobile, PC, consoles)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top