Director, Software Engineering - Portal Systems and Core Experiences
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 Product Engineering team works at the intersection of ambitious science and product development, operates on aggressive timelines, with extensive use of partnerships. It has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale.
We are looking for creative and experienced engineering leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Software Engineering Leaders are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility.
- Lead Framework, Middleware and Core Application engineering teams committed to building the next generation of social hardware products, applications and platforms
- Be both a technical leader and people manager
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Partner closely with many Facebook internal partner teams to create shared roadmaps and deliver on the product vision
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Establish project frameworks and development processes
- 10+ years of software engineering work experience, including 5+ years of hands-on technical management.
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Android Frameworks, Middleware, User Interface and Mobile Application development.
- Experience building and leading a software organization through product design, delivery and commercialization of consumer electronics devices.
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management.
- BS/MS in Computer Science.
- Experience in leading timelines, multi-partner initiatives.
- Organizational communication and coordination experience.
Back to top