Director, Software Engineering, Facebook Reality Labs - Assistant
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's AR/VR division is developing future products in augmented reality and virtual reality with breakthrough work in conversational AI, computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, machine learning & reasoning that will enable groundbreaking experiences for consumers and businesses. We are developing technologies to help connect people to what matters most by recognizing and fulfilling their intent in a natural way. This means investing heavily in Natural Language Processing in areas such as Machine Translation, Multilingual/Multimodal Understanding, Entity Recognition, Speech, Dialog Systems, Knowledge Graph, Search, Ranking, and other Machine Learning and Deep Learning problems.
Our team is comprised of creative, experienced engineering leaders joined together in making the world more open and connected. Entrepreneurs, as well as those who come from more established organizations, are welcome here. We are looking for Software Engineering Director with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated trajectory of increasing management scope, sharp coding skills, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers and managers in a fast-paced environment with thrive in our environment.
- Build platforms and product experiences in the fields of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Dialog Systems, or Contextual Intelligence, specifically related to Natural Language Understanding, Dialog Management, Natural Language Generation, or Question Answering
- Communicate and drive engineering initiatives across functions
- Participate in technical design
- Define and influence product strategy
- 10+ years of experience managing a team of engineers
- Experience managing technical teams who power experiences in the fields of Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Dialog Systems, specifically Natural Language Understanding, Dialog Management, Natural Language Generation, Question Answering or similar technologies
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field
- 8+ years of industry experience shipping production software as a software engineer
- Experience in any of C/C++, Golang, Java, C# or other programming languages
- Experience building product for powering intelligent interfaces
- Knowledge of scaling up high throughput systems, and sophisticated services architecture
Back to top