Director, Software Engineering
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We want the most creative and experienced engineering leaders to join us in making the world more open and connected. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. We’re looking for Software Engineering Managers with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, sharp coding skills, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- Participate in technical design
- Be a subject matter expert in a product domain
- Define and influence product strategy
- Proven hands-on technical management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical teams.
- BS / MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top