Director, SoC Integration
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs, or FRL, focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR). Compute power requirements of Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
- You will build the team to integrate internally developed IP and third-party IP into complex, extremely low power SoCs
- Creation of methodology for, and performing, SoC micro-architecture, design, integration, verification, and physical design. All with strict low power requirements
- Target SoCs are at leading edge fabrication nodes, and include the cutting-edge IP for coherent CPU complex, GPU, ISP, ML, CV, highspeed IO, LPDDR, and so on
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/equivalent with 15+ years of similar experience or Masters with 13+ years of experience or PhD with 10+ years of experience
- Track record of leading/owning and shipping of low power, high performance, consumer hardware SoCs
- Knowledge in low power design techniques and digital design, SoC integration, SoC verification, physical design at 16nm, 10nm, and 7nm
- Good understanding of most systems on modern SoCs: SoC security, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Graphics, Compression, CPU and Cache Coherence, SoC Fabrics, Image Acquisition, Power delivery, Design for Testability
- Experience developing an Application Processor SoC
- Experience building teams and methodology from the ground up
- Strong ability to work in a fast moving, cross-functional environment
- Successful track record of leading teams of 10â€™s of engineers (at least 30)
- Both technical leads, as well as technical lead & manager will be considered for this position
Back to top