Director, Research Science
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook AI, we work on advancing the state to-of-the-art in AI to bring the world closer together. Protecting people from harmful content is an integral part of this mission. Every month, over 3 billion people across the world use Facebook's suite of products to stay connected to the people and things they care about. To keep them safe on our platforms, we analyze millions of unique pieces of content shared every day in 100+ languages. We develop ground-breaking AI technologies that power these large scale systems to detect problems such as hate speech, misinformation, suicide and self-harm, election integrity, child safety, and many more.Advances in AI are key to our mission, spanning some of the most pressing research challenges of our generation across the areas of natural language processing, computer vision, information retrieval, multimodal understanding, manipulated media, reinforcement learning, relational learning, behavioral modeling, databases, and graph neural networks. There is tremendous opportunity to create the algorithms, models and infrastructure for large scale content analysis to keep people safe on social media platforms.
- Build long-term vision and strategy for the future of AI Integrity technologies for reducing harm and problems on social media platforms.
- Build a plan for applied research and engineering in the necessary technologies including large scale content understanding, information retrieval, manipulated media, reinforcement learning, relational learning, behavioral modeling, databases, and graph neural networks.
- Build and deploy core technologies that prove useful in Integrity but can be broadly applied to other areas well.
- Expertise in AI/Machine Learning/Deep Learning.
- Experience building broadly-adopted tools/platforms for developers.
- Research experience in AI/Machine Learning/Deep Learning/Ranking and Recommendation Systems.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top