Director, Publisher Experience
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Business Integrity team protects users and ensures safe connections between users and businesses. We ensure a high quality ecosystem for users, advertisers, and businesses to create, share, and promote digital content. We are a data-driven operations team that thinks upstream to create and scale products and solutions. Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action, enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, make quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong.
Facebook is seeking a Director of Publisher Experience. This person will develop, implement, and refine quality strategies and initiatives and act as a cross-functional operations lead to ensure a high-quality publisher ecosystem within Facebook's Audience Network. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, CA and reporting to Lynda Talgo, Director of Business Integrity.
- Shape and communicate strategy for managing health of the Publisher ecosystem, advocating for advertiser value and publisher experience
- Identify and assess risks and opportunities, develop goals and metrics to assess impact
- Develop and drive operations to enable and maintain quality in the ecosystem, across multiple teams, ensuring timely and thoughtful response, and scalable processes
- Develop in partnership with multiple functions in multiple geographies, principles for policy development and enforcement, and decisions
- Use insights gleaned from investigations and other inputs to proactively mitigate risk to advertisers and users and to inform and improve operations and execution
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional groups and leaders both internally and externally
- Develop domain expertise across Business Integrity and Audience Network, informed by trends in business and technology including knowledge of current/potential Facebook business models and customer needs
- Staff and manage a small team with deep domain expertise and agility
- Develop, coach, mentor, and ensure high performance without burnout
- BA/BS degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or similar)
- 12+ years of experience in strategic and operational roles, within the online advertising domain or related space
- 10+ years management experience, in a role involving policy, strategy or operations
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and ability to work with people at all levels both inside and outside of Facebook
- Experience working with global teams and customers
- Experience managing with ambiguity and principles in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to shape strategy and execute against that strategy, with appropriate prioritization of people and resources
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses, along with the ability to compile briefing materials and other communications
- Ability to juggle priorities and tasks
- Organizational skills, with ability to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top