Director, Product Management (Social VR)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Social VR is in search of a Director to oversee our product management teams. This individual will manage and work with a team of Product Managers to build groundbreaking Social VR experiences. We are looking for an entrepreneurial Product Management Leader to help mentor and guide product managers as they collaborate with cross functional teams. This position is full time and is based at our Menlo Park office.
- Manage a team of Product Managers and help facilitate their vision as they autonomously make product decisions
- Establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals
- Drive forward our understanding of how Virtual Reality can positively impact people's lives
- Support a new interaction paradigm that is 3D instead of 2D based.
- Hold team to execution of product launch targets, time, cost & quality.
- Effectively communicate in clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization, including status updates to team members and leadership team.
- Ensure performance delivery against key KPI's.
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management or a related field (Engineering leadership, Game Production, Design, etc.)
- 10+ years of working collaboratively with engineering and design teams
- 5+ years of management experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field
- 3D Engine knowledge
- Cross Platform knowledge (mobile, PC, consoles)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top