Director, Product Management, Commerce Engineering
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Director of Product Management for Commerce Engineering will be responsible for developing end-to-end retail products that power Facebook Reality Labs hardware sales, as well as building out the functional groups needed to support this mission. The Commerce Engineering team is responsible for building retail systems for Facebook Reality Labs hardware. The product management leader will work closely with their engineering peers to reimagine e-commerce products critical to selling, delivering, and supporting Facebook Reality Lab hardware devices for consumers around the world.
- Establish shared vision by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Manage and grow a team of product managers, while also expanding existing product workstreams
- Integrate usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements in order to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products, and scale cross-functional efforts across the globe
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Drive the strategy for a portfolio of products to create a deliberate plan and a cohesive strategy
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or another relevant technical field
- 15+ years product management experience in technical domains
- 10+ years experience as a people manager and managing 20+ people
- Experience hiring/growing teams and designing organizations to maximize impact
- Experience communicating and influencing cross-functional teams without direct authority
- Experience developing products and solutions in analytics and business intelligence platforms
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top