Director, Privacy Review Operations
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we strive to respect the privacy rights and expectations of all our users, as well as comply with applicable privacy and data-protection regulations. We are committed to the development of an industry-leading global privacy team to take on the challenges of safeguarding and preserving the privacy choices of everyone in the Facebook community.Privacy Review is a critical part of our overall privacy program, responsible for ensuring that every product we launch into the world honors our privacy commitments to users and to regulatory stakeholders; it delivers the standards, processes, tools and expertise necessary for Facebook's product teams and engineers to design with privacy in mind from the start. The role of Director of Privacy Review Operations will lead the Privacy Review Program Management team at Facebook. This team of technical and operational privacy professionals work directly with Facebook product teams and privacy stakeholders (e.g. public policy and legal teams) to review products and ensure design and technical mitigations are in place to minimize privacy risk. They also deliver documented privacy decisions in accordance with our compliance obligations to the FTC, the Irish DPC, and other regulatory stakeholders.In addition to leading the team, you will partner with the Head of Privacy Review to define and implement successful processes and practices, including defining operating metrics and goals, engagement models with legal and policy stakeholders, substantive privacy standards and guidelines, cross-company training and education, documentation requirements, etc.The ideal candidate will have demonstrated scaled organizational leadership capabilities, a passion for driving program impact through operational excellence and rigor, experience navigating complex regulatory constraints, familiarity with software product development cycles, and a collaborative and positive attitude.
- Build and lead a high-performing team, including mentoring and developing managers of managers (with the possibility of supporting four direct reports with 15-20 recursive reports each) across multiple offices and regions.
- Articulate the vision of what an industry leading Privacy Review program looks like.
- Represent Privacy Review and manage relationships with product, legal, policy, and compliance leaders across every part of the company.
- Understand how regulatory changes and privacy community expectations translate to product design standards and requirements.
- Understand product roadmaps and key strategic priorities so your team can develop the right recommendations to enable shipping privacy-safe products that meet product goals.
- Define operating metrics and goals and manage your organization to meet them.
- Establish, communicate and implement a consistent strategic vision of privacy across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Establish clear privacy review processes and practices with sufficient rigor to serve as controls in the Facebook Privacy Program.
- Make appropriate tradeoffs between throughput and rigor and quality
- prioritize work and allocate staffing accordingly.
- Thrive in high-stakes, high-complexity situations.
- 10+ years of work experience, including hands-on management and proven contribution at both strategic and operational levels.
- Proven experience managing teams and managing managers.
- Experience or familiarity with privacy, legal or policy frameworks or operations.
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Experience communicating and influencing decisions at the executive level.
- Experience in companies that deliver software solutions or products/services that touch data use and privacy.
- Experience driving strategy and end-to-end implementation of projects, while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities or working in companies with global customer/user base.
Back to top