Director, PMM News Publishing
(Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced leader to build and manage a product marketing team focused on driving growth of News publishers on Facebook. This leader will drive market requirements into product planning to help News publishers and journalists gain exposure to the world's largest online audience and drive content distribution to achieve their goals. The successful candidate is both data-driven and has the ability to synthesize market trends in media and related business models, and can effectively work with colleagues across the company to drive results. The right person can drive both strategy and execution, is analytical and creative, and cares deeply about making Facebook into a platform that every news publisher uses to find and engage audiencesThis product marketing role is focused on the inbound phase of product marketing with publishers as well as the initial phases of outbound product marketing. Inbound product marketing responsibilities include foundational analysis to identify market needs by segment, opportunity sizing, gathering deep feedback from internal and external stakeholders, being the "voice of the publisher", and running alpha and beta testing processes. Outbound product marketing responsibilities include leading launch planning including associated messaging and positioning. This role is highly cross-functional and will work closely with Product, Media Partnerships, UX Research, and Marketing teams. This position is full-time and based in New York or Menlo Park, CA.
- Lead a team of Product Marketing Managers who own market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the needs of news publishers internally with Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader Facebook Media ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback and positioning
- Lead market segmentation efforts to prioritize overall opportunities for publisher products
- Determine product requirements for a diverse set of publishers (from major daily newspapers to digital native publishers) producers to inform product development across FB
- Partner with Product Management and Marketing Communications teams to lead successful product marketing communications around test and launch phases and clearly communicate value propositions of new products to go-to-market teams.
- BA/BS degree
- 10+ years working in a consulting, product marketing or strategy capacity (partnered with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with GTM teams to support product launches)
- News industry experience including web and mobile technologies impact on News industry both in US and globally.
- Quantitative analytical ability
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top