Director, People Operations Programs
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a strong, data-driven leader to provide strategic direction to the HR compliance, contingent workforce, HRIS, and vendor management leadership teams within the People Operations team. This role is critical to scale and grow the processes, systems, compliance, and vendors to deliver an exceptional Facebook experience through an employee’s lifecycle. This new position will be best suited for a strong manager of managers with an HR background and with specific experience leading teams with expertise in HR compliance, HRIS, contingent workforce management, and vendor management functions at scale with the vision, leadership and excellence in execution.
- Lead & Manage:
- Deliver and co-create the aligned vision of the people compliance, strategic programs, and HR systems as one team including strategic delivery function.
- Lead and manages team responsible for people compliance, contingent workforce, HRIS, and vendor management.
- Coach and mentor team members, playing an active role in developing expertise.
- Evolve the overall people operations strategy and influence global people operations model and strategy.
- Influence global people operations and systems roadmap to support long-term and service delivery goals.
- Work with business leaders and HR leadership across EMEA, APAC, and Americas regions to develop the organizational roadmap, working with function leaders to identify gray areas and/or new opportunities for the compliance, programs, and systems teams to support the regions.
- Develop/review relevant policies and procedures related to the People function partnering with legal, HRBPs, and other stakeholders. Influence HRBPs in application of HR policy and build awareness and capability of key programs where business support is needed to make programs successful.
- Focus on building out Vendor Management function for HR to build scalable vendor management capability to manage over 90+ vendors.
- Scale vendor compliance around vendor management best practices and implementation of consistent policy – partnering and influencing partner organizations on driving integrated strategy.
- Partner w/legal team and people compliance and vendor management leader on employee data and vendor security initiatives company-wide.
- Partner w/finance leadership on compliance around headcount policy and influence change to WFP processes and contingent worker usage.
- Partner w/ Internal Audit to determine broader strategy around internal audits across team.
- Evaluate overall training needs for HR function across compliance, programs, and systems – partner with leadership teams to determine need for more formalized HR4HR training and broader compliance training programs for company.
- Partner on systems strategy across HR + Recruiting + more broadly across internal tools / communications – focus on knowledge management internally for HR and how we’ll build capability there.
- Evaluate and evolve current HR vendor compliance and contingent worker programs and strategies to support company growth and scale.
- Support HR compliance team opportunities to influence diversity strategy through developing innovative compliance programs and policies.
- Partner on strategy around I-9 compliance, background screening, Affirmative Action planning, OSHA posting requirements, OFFCP, SOX, and related areas.
- Evaluate current service providers and partner w/procurement on RFPs for services acting as executive sponsor for the various initiatives.
- Quality and Delivery
- Provide feedback and implement process improvements, technology, training requirements, etc. that will improve employee satisfaction.
- Ensure internal tools are aligned and providing accurate data to best capture the “Voice of the Customer” concerns and comments.
- Influence the processes and procedures relating to the HR Compliance, Programs, and Systems teams and support global leads to build scalable and compliant processes.
- Proactively identify and create efficiencies through centralized administration, outsourcing, and globalization of processes across the areas of responsibility.
- Measuring Success
- Build a metrics driven organization. Develop key operational metrics for team and monitor key performance metric scores.
- Drive measurable improvements through automation of compliance related requirements and employee process friction points reducing process cycle times and improving employee satisfaction.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in a HR, Compliance, and/or Finance environment with thorough understanding of HR Compliance, HR Systems, Vendor Management, and Contingent Workforce Management highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build and scale teams and think strategically 3-5 years out as well as formalize tangible action plans to operationalize vision.
- Ability to influence at all levels of organization and demonstrated track record of driving and implementing company-wide changes.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and partnership skills. Previous experience working directly with business leaders with the ability to influence change is highly desired.
- Ability to manage, grow, and develop individual contributors as well managers. Proven track record leading and managing teams, as a manager of managers is required.
- Strong knowledge of HR best practices in the market as well as legislative and regulatory changes.
- Ability to scale/grow global service teams and services through vendors and to implement scorecards to measure vendor performance. Demonstrated experience of managing large global vendors.
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment and deal with a high level of ambiguity.
- Must be a strong systems thinker with a “product manager mindset” with proficiency HR systems. Previous experience with CRM or HRIS system implementations and data migrations is highly desired.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong process and project management skills. Has Demonstrated ability to lead complex global projects E2E with multiple stakeholders. Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Six Sigma certification (Greenbelt or Blackbelt) is highly desired.
- Strong negotiation skills required.
- Must have strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and ability to work in an interruption driven environment.
- Expert knowledge of HRIS systems – principles, function technology and variations
- Bachelors’ degree in a Business, HR, Mgmt, Finance and/or Operations
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top