Director of WhatApp Policy - India
WhatsApp, is seeking a Director of Public Policy to develop WhatsApp's policy strategy and engagement in the India and South Asia region. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to make an impact as part of a small, nimble team serving more than 1.5 Billion people around the world.
Candidates should have strong knowledge of Internet and telecommunications policy issues, such as security, privacy, encryption, safety, use of WhatApp for causes, non-profits and communities and run relevant policy programs in these areas. They should also have excellent writing and analytical skills. The person will work closely with the Facebook policy team and other relevant groups at Facebook.
This role is expected to be based in Delhi.
- Develop and deliver WhatsApp's India and South Asia policy strategy
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues affecting WhatsApp in India and South Asia
- Represent WhatsApp in meetings with government officials and elected members
- Build coalitions with other regional organizations to advance WhatsApp's policy goals
- Help to create innovative national and regional programs in states for outreach to policy makers
- Work with global teams to develop WhatsApp policy positions , briefing materials, whitepapers, consultation responses . Represent local policy issues in internal policy meetings
- Advise WhatsApp teams on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- Communicate WhatsApp's positions at public events and with media in the region
- Bachelor degree required in arts or law (higher degree preferred)
- 15+ years of public policy experience
- Experience in tech policy or technology law preferred
- Interest in technology and related policy issues
- Superb communications skills
Back to top