Director of Software Engineering - Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world.
The B8 Product Engineering team works at the intersection of ambitious science and product development, operates on aggressive timelines, with extensive use of partnerships. It has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale.
We are looking for creative and experienced engineering leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Software Engineering Leaders are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility.
- Lead multiple teams of engineers committed to building the next generation of social products, applications and platforms
- Be both a technical leader and people manager
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Partner closely with many Facebook internal partner teams to create shared roadmaps and deliver on the product vision
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Establish project frameworks and development processes
- 10+ years of software engineering work experience, including 5+ years of hands-on technical management
- 5+ years experience with one of the following languages: C++, Java, and/or PHP
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Experience leading projects with end-user mobile applications and developer platforms
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top