Director of Security - Prevention Engineering
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook's security team is the central engine driving data and systems security at the company, supporting Facebook and all of its family of apps. The org is responsible for inhibiting malicious actors from compromising our environment, detecting and responding to them before they do damage if they do, ensuring we are maintaining the protections we say we will, and engaging with the community to help those outside the company learn from the work we do. We work across all parts of the company, from the corporate infrastructure to production to external services, interfacing with nearly every team in the company.
The Engineering Director, Security Prevention/Protection, is responsible for helping ensure we build and support the right security protections for the company. This responsibility includes supporting the teams that build the systems that we rely on to protect our data, including infrastructure systems and frameworks for use in our products, as well as the teams that help software engineers understand how to secure their code. This leadership role covers a broad range of preventative capabilities including identity, authentication, authorization, application security, and data security across all of Facebook's family of apps. The work includes both software engineering and security operations. Much of the work is focused on our production environment but the work you do will help support security in Facebook's corporate environment as well.
- Support and grow a high performing organization that is building the services that stop attackers and help drive preventative measures throughout Facebook's systems
- Build the systems that teams across the company rely on to secure the things they work on, both in our backend production infrastructure and across our family of products
- Help define Facebook's global security priorities, with a focus on helping the company make it more difficult for attackers to compromise its products and infrastructure
- Collaborate with peers in the detect & response and policy, risk, & compliance space to develop and drive a company-wide security strategy
- Manage teams across multiple offices supporting multiple functions including, but not limited to, data security, identity, authentication, authorization, encryption, and application security
- Demonstrated experience managing software engineering teams
- Experience working either across software engineering and security operations or software engineering in collaboration with security operations teams to drive security measures
- Relationship management experience and experience working within a global organization
- Experience providing technical leadership and guidance
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically with analytical and problem-solving experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 15+ years experience leading and managing teams within an engineering organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage security operations teams
Back to top