Director of Safety Operations, Community Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Safety executive to lead our efforts across Safety, the teams responsible for keeping the Facebook platform safe for our community of 2 billion users. This person will also serve as an external representative with communities that focus on real world harm and safety initiatives. If you are energized by the goal of giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together and have a passion for helping others, this role is for you.
- Oversee and manage global functions, projects and teams within the Safety teams to support the growing Facebook and Instagram communities
- Be a public facing voice of Facebook and its role in ensuring global coverage and advocacy of key safety issues on the platform
- Serve as cross-functional leader, working with cross-functional leaders and teams across the company to identify new strategic areas that need coverage from a safety perspective
- Be a strong voice within Facebook on the goals and priorities around safety experiences to improve the quality, scalability and efficiency for Safety Operations
- Support new product launches, and collaborate closely with Facebook product and engineering teams
- Build and retain a world class team through providing mentorship, guidance and career development
- Manage and maintain strong direct relationships with Facebook's key partners
- 10+ years of experience in safety, operations or crisis management with a track record and knowledge across the business
- 5+ years people management experience including managing leaders and managing remotely across regions, proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing teams
- Experience thinking strategically about issues and escalations
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Experience with project management, leading and executing multiple projects
- Communication and presentation experience
Back to top