Director of Public Policy, Southeast Asia - Established Countries
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As Facebook has become part of the daily lives of more than two billion people around the world, policymakers in many countries naturally wish to talk with us, and we wish to facilitate an ongoing dialogue with them as our service offerings grow and change. The Public Policy team manages these conversations, sharing information about the company's products and activities, responding to queries from policymakers and regulators, and providing input into the development of regulation of the internet sector - with the goal of furthering the company's mission of helping people to build community. We are looking for superb policy communicators who can combine a passion for Facebook's mission with a deep knowledge of the political and regulatory dynamics in several countries and experience of leading teams across multiple countries.
The Director of Public Policy SEA (Established Countries) will lead our policy team in countries where we have an office - Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand, They will partner with our sales, communications, legal, and other leaders. This role reports directly to the VP of Public Policy for APAC and is part of his leadership team. We anticipate that this position will be located in our Singapore office, but we are open to it being based in a Facebook office in another one of these five countries.
- Lead a team of policy professionals, enabling them to thrive and to deliver our policy objectives in each country
- With colleagues on the APAC policy leadership team, devise and implement an APAC-wide policy strategy
- Monitor the political environment for policy challenges and opportunities for the company
- Learn from and influence government and non-governmental organizations on issues of privacy, safety and security, intellectual property, election integrity, free expression, and other technology-relevant public policy concerns
- Represent Facebook in meetings with politicians and policymakers as needed across the region
- Build coalitions to help advance and support Facebook's policy agenda
- Communicate Facebook's positions in public presentations and with media
- Advise other Facebook teams on public policy matters
- Passion for emerging technologies, policy work, and Facebook
- Keen understanding of Asian political systems and institutions as well as policy, politics and communications
- Impeccable judgment and character
- Strong analytical and creative thinking on policy issues and programs
- Well-developed advocacy skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Willingness and excitement about frequent travel
- 15+ years of demonstrated experience managing legislation and/or government relations and advocacy work Extensive people management experience required
- Experience in policy work for a multinational corporation preferred
- Superb communication skills in English and an Asian language preferred
- Advanced degree in related field or law degree preferred
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top