Director of Payroll, EMEA & APAC
- Dublin, Ireland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
DIRECTOR OF PAYROLL EMEA & APAC We are building the next generation Global Payroll infrastructure, operations and strategies for Facebook. The Facebook Payroll team partners closely with the company's People, Tax and Technology leaders to deliver world class Payroll services and strategies. We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Payroll professional to join our growing team to help us transform and scale Facebook's Payroll infrastructure.This role has significant leadership accountability and change management responsibilities for EMEA and APAC Payroll operations. The Payroll Director will play an important role in supporting Facebook's strategy through bringing forward thinking ideas and solutions for Facebook's Payroll operations in these two regions.The candidate we seek will bring relevant Payroll experience in a fast-paced business environment. The candidate must have experience working in a global Payroll organisation, knowledge in both technical and operational aspects of Payroll. This position will manage the Payroll operations teams located in Dublin and Singapore and will work closely with FB cross functional business partners in areas such as HR, Peeps, Benefits, Compensation, Tax, Legal, Internal Audit, and Enterprise Engineering. This role will also have oversight of 40+ Payroll vendors located across a multitude of countries in both regions.This full-time position is in our Dublin, Ireland office and reports to the Head of Global People Finance. The role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the payroll operations teams as we scale and grow and deliver an exceptional Facebook experience for our employees.Success in this role involves an ability to think big and execute nimbly in order to transform our employee experience with compliance, security and accurate reporting. The successful candidate will be equally comfortable delivering on operational goals as well as leading processtransformation. This position will be best suited to a strong leader of managers with in-depth experience leading EMEA/ APAC payroll and of Payroll transformation.
- Lead the Payroll teams in EMEA and APAC, comprised of approximately 20 managers and professionals, by setting overall initiatives, allocating appropriate resources for programs and projects, and ensuring timely and effective delivery of Payroll cycles and initiatives.
- Partner and collaborate with internal stakeholders and outsourced payroll providers.
- Actively coach, mentor and develop the current team to develop their expertise and support their professional growth.
- Drive EMEA/APAC payroll finance strategy and influence payroll operations model in alignment with the global payroll strategy.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners such as HR leadership and global finance leadership to evolve the payroll roadmap.
- Partner with the global process owner to develop technology solutions to improve Payroll processes and transactions, creating world class processes which will scale with our business.
- Partner with our Employment Tax, Employment Law, Stock Administration and Global Talent organisations to ensure compliant and accurate reporting.
- Partner with global payroll tax and other audits, SOX controls, special programs, mobility programs, GDPR and other jurisdictional requirements in every EMEA/APAC country in which we operate.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 10+ years' experience in EMEA and/or APAC payroll with a large-scale company
- 10+ years of people management experience. Strong leadership and ability to manage, grow, and develop individual contributors as well as managers. Proven track record leading and managing teams including experience in managing teams across geographies
- Knowledge in International Payroll Tax and Regulatory requirements
- Highly collaborative individual capable of working with cross-functional partners and global and regional teams
- Experience in accelerating scale through transformation, vendor outsourcing, automation, introduction of advanced finance technologies, implementing payroll systems, continuous monitoring and quality assurance
- Ability to develop strong client and stakeholder relationships, implement effective communication programs and transform our global employee service and support model
- Strong experience in managing vendors / outsourced partners
- Has true passion for team building and employee development. Have ability to attract, retain and develop talent for the team
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with senior stakeholders to instigate change and obtain results
- Possess ability to build partnership across functions
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and can handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A critical thinker who can seek innovative solutions to complex business/technical issues
- Related industry experience is a plus
Back to top