Director of Market Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Community Operations' mission is to build and maintain the world's engagement and trust in Facebook, with our growing community of 2.2 billion people. We are searching for an instrumental leader to build and run operations - at scale, for the entirety of Facebookâ€™s complex and critical market regional communities. You will lead and coach management teams across multiple sites and staff groups, with an emphasis on empathy and resilience, as a true community obsessed leader. At the same time, the art of problem solving (often in whitespace operations; with complex workstreams and ambiguous issues) and a passion for process reengineering are at the heart of this role â€" complexity and scale will be the BAU here. Our Director will also provide significant input into our global strategy and share best practices across regions.
We're targeting a strong operations leader with deep domain expertise in operations, customer experience, thought leadership and talent development, who can provide vision and strategy and oversee execution across all staff groups supporting our significant and rapidly growing regional community. You'll work in close partnership with cross-functional stakeholders including but not limited to policy, product, process, systems/tooling, PR, data/analytics and specialized safety operations teams.
A successful candidate will effectively influence strategic investments and roadmaps to drive innovation and improve our community experience with specific focus on understanding community trends and challenges in region. Developing and expanding the capabilities of a high performing team in partnership with Policy, Product, Engineering, HR and L&D teams is a key aspect of this leadership role.
- Core responsibilities include the day-to-day operations management and continuous transparency regarding performance of our operations against goals as well as development, advocacy for and execution of strategic initiatives to transform the support experience for our community.
- Provide strong and visionary leadership to your teams, enhance and develop a strong team culture of trust and commitment to impact in how we support our community, defining north star for world class community support experience
- Manage day-to-day service delivery of content review operations against defined KPIs in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment across different staff groups and sites
- Partner with global leaders, HR, L&D & Recruiting to develop and execute on a holistic people strategy to attract, retain and develop top talent and role model leadership best practices
- Influence cross-functional roadmaps and strategic investments as an advocate for our FB community across product, policy, process, systems, data/analytics, drive continuous improvement and step change innovation, drive goal alignment and execution planning as advocate for regional and global Facebook communities
- Actively engage as a member of the global leadership team for cross-cutting strategic, operational and people initiatives
- Travel: Role requires directionally 20% travel
- Operations domain experience: Significant experience managing multi-country operations in domains such as customer service, compliance, risk management, business process outsourcing
- Leadership: Extensive people management experience, including managing leaders and managing remotely across multiple sites
- Proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing teams
- Thought leadership: Strategic thinker with proven track record of transforming operations to provide customer experience through innovation and improvement
- Communication: Experience influencing global cross-functional leaders as an advocate for FB community
- BS/BA Degree or higher
- Prior experience with analytical tools (like Excel, SQL, or R)
- Advanced degree
Back to top